Sunday, March 17, 2013

Just for Me (From Our Daily Bread Mass Journal Blog)


Sometimes I go to Mass and I hear something that makes me wonder, "God, did You put that in there just for me??" This doesn't always happen, but when it does, I'm pretty flattered to say the least. 

Recently, I accepted a new job. I felt guilty about leaving my current job knowing I hadn't been there long in relation to the fairly large amount of time and training that was invested in me. Couple this with the determination of my employers to improve themselves after I spoke with them about my concerns, I felt like I was punishing them for doing their best to change for me. I also would be breaking a rental contract to move to the new job's location and therefore having to leave my new-found Church family that I was just starting to become really active in--and I wanted to continue to be active in! But I was torn because at the same time I am very excited to be going where I felt God is leading me: to a new job, a new place to live, and even a new Church family that He apparently thought I should become a part of. But I still felt bad for ditching all I had been committed to. God had plans and words of comfort for me.

In the homily, Father Kill said "When we celebrate a new job or house or anything like that, we are fittingly celebrating the involvement of God in our lives and in our victories." Wow, we are fittingly celebrating. God wants us to be happy with His plans, even when the way appears dark and mysterious because we don't yet know what it holds. He wants us to trust Him, His plans, His Will, His love for us. He wants us to celebrate with Him in Faith that He is guiding us to where we will be the best version of ourselves; to where we will be most happy. Thank you, God, in advance for where my road will lead next!

"The Lord has done great things for us, we are filled with Joy!" Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment